- 2020 Outlander PHEV assisted Charis Health Center in administering COVID-19 vaccinations and rural healthcare programs at the height of the pandemic
- Charis Health and Mitsubishi Motors drove over 15,000 miles, reached nearly 3,000 homes, and were able to deliver 2,000 COVID vaccines at a critical time
Franklin, Tennessee., October 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — As the US resumes its fight against COVID-19, August 2021, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is selling the Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) to Charis, a non-profit organization based in Central Tennessee, as part of MMNA’s Community Utility Vehicle (CUV) program. I loaned it to the Health Center. Today, MMNA and Charis proudly look back on the vital support they have provided to the local community of his MMNA headquarters during these unprecedented times.
Through this partnership, Charis Health Center has logged more than 15,000 miles on the 2020 Outlander PHEV, providing COVID-19 vaccination, flu vaccination and other services to nearly 3,000 people in underserved communities nationwide. distributed to TennesseeIn addition, the Outlander PHEV also powered two disaster relief missions using the vehicle’s onboard 120V outlet and generator capability. waverly When Dixon, Tennessee2021.
see in numbers
Highlights of the partnership include: MMNA applauds his Charis efforts to create safer and healthier communities throughout Middle Tennessee.
- 15,000 miles driven
- 2,000 COVID-19 vaccines delivered
- Hosted by 70 COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- Hosted by 10 Flu Vaccine Clinics
- 200 doses of influenza vaccine
- Held 12 community health fairs
- Provided over 2,500 sanitary bags
- 24 Delivery to schools (hygiene products)
- 109 Home delivery (prescriptions and health supplies)
- 2 disaster relief trips (200 sanitary bags and health supplies) waverly and Dixon Flood 2021)
- rural health trip to Hancock County Serving families living in substandard housing without water
- 2,960 people served through annual partnerships
The CUV program is a key component of MMNA’s large corporate social responsibility program known as ‘Small Batch – Big Impact’. It is based on the idea that small, local efforts add up to big impact.Other CUV donations are nashvillea community resource center based in Las VegasGoodie Two Shoes Foundation on the base, and DallasRecord the journey of the base.
For more information on Mitsubishi Motors’ full line-up, please visit https://www.mitsubishicars.com/.
About Mitsubishi Motors North America
Through a network of approximately 330 dealer partners nationwide usaMitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the United States. MMNA’s parent company, Mitsubishi Motors, has set a 40% reduction target in its 2030 Environmental Goals. By utilizing EVs, mainly PHEVs, we will reduce CO2 emissions from new cars by 2030 and contribute to the realization of a sustainable society.
The headquarters of MMNA is franklin, tennesseeand corporate operations in California, Georgia, Michigan, new jersey, texas, floridaWhen Virginia.
For more information on Mitsubishi Motors, please contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Department at 615-257-2698 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
About Karis Health Center
The Charis Health Center is located at: Mount Juliet, Tennessee., provides affordable primary care to the uninsured in Central Tennessee. Charis is run by a small staff and a dedicated team of volunteers from two clinics and a mobile medical unit.
The vision of Charis Health Centers is of a healthy and hopeful community, where treatment for physical needs is available and where all are integrated. Its mission is to provide quality, compassionate health care and health education to those who do not have insurance and are unable to pay for the services necessary to ensure the health and well-being of their communities.
For more information, please visit www.CharisHealthCenter.org.
Senior Director, Communications and Events
Cell Phone: 714-296-1402
Source Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.